For quite some time now, you’ve been under a lot of pressure to cope with your workload and its tight deadlines. So, you’ve been getting up earlier and earlier and going to bed later and later. Quite literally, burning the candle at both ends.
Your business has been doing so well that you’ve reached maximum capacity and you can’t take on any more clients. In fact, recently, you had to turn away a prospective client.
The opportunity was fantastic and you’re gutted you missed it.
You couldn’t say ‘Yes’ because you take pride in the high quality of work that you deliver to your clients and you’ve already spread yourself too thinly.
This has now got you thinking about the future of your business. Oh, and also about your sanity because deep down, you know your current situation is not sustainable.
After all, even though you’ve told your clients that you only work during certain hours (e.g. 9am – 5:30pm, or 10am-3pm, or whatever your hours). In reality, you’re working at all hours.
So you may have…
- Been thinking that you need to be more organised to cope with all the incoming work.
- Wondering who you can trust to deliver the same high quality of work as you so that you can bring them on board as an associate.
- Already hired people to help in your business and you’re contemplating about giving them more to do.
- Been hesitating about raising your prices.
The bottom line is you’re not really sure how to figure out what’s the best way for you to grow your business without burning out.
The keys to growing your business without burning out
Before you start jumping to solutions, I encourage you to pause for a moment and reflect on:
- What made you start your business? How did you imagine your life would be?
- Have your circumstances changed in the meanwhile?
- How have your business and personal priorities evolved overtime?
- What’s missing in your life?
- What do you really want out of your life now?
Once you have the answers to those questions, figuring out the best next steps for you to take become so much easier.
Understanding what your priorities and values are right now ensures you run your business and lead your life with a clear purpose that is aligned with what truly matters to you.
The Wheel of Priorities is a fantastic tool to help you asses what matters to you. For the instructions on how to use this tool, grab your FREE copy of the ‘10 Proven Ways to Successful Life Balance’ guide.
Eight ways to keep your sanity while expanding your business
Now, you are clear on your values and priorities; you can start exploring the options and then decide what’s the best way forward for you.
Here are eight different ways to get your cogs turning.
1. Become more organised in your business and personal life.
2. Hire (extra) external help.
3. Start to manage your clients more effectively by creating better win-win scenarios.
4. Think about how you love serving your clients best. Then, update your services to align with the activities you that make your heart sing and upgrade your offers and prices accordingly.
5. Begin to take better care of yourself, so you can have more energy and be at your best throughout the day every day.
6. Review your duties and responsibilities in your business, home life, and all other commitments. Decide what can you let go of to free up headspace and energy so you can work more effectively in and on your business.
7. Assess the energy sappers in your life and take action towards eliminating or, at least, mitigating them.
8. Check your mindset. What are the thoughts or beliefs that are preventing you from creating the business and the lifestyle you truly want to lead? How would your life be different if you were to let go of these unhelpful thoughts and beliefs?
The above are some of the most effective ways that have transformed my clients’ lives and their businesses.
You may benefit from implementing all of them, or only some of them or there may be an entirely different solution that is suitable for you.
The key for my clients has been to find the right combination of steps for them.
And I encourage you to do to the same for yourself.
I don’t believe in cookie-cutter solutions.
It all starts with understanding your circumstances, your priorities and values, and how you want to run your business and lead your life.
Tired of not being able to see the wood for the trees?
Ready to go from feeling lost and frustrated to feeling inspired with direction and focus? (And so much more! – Find out the full details here.)
Want personalised support to your unique situation?
Did you nod to all of the above questions? – Awesome!
Jump-Start Your Way to a Successful Balanced Life was designed to get you from struggling on your own to feeling supported, clear, focused and energised.
Let’s get you and your business thriving!
Grab your spot today!
Photo Credit: PourquoiPas - Pixabay